Saturday, November 19, 2005

NEW MISSION SYSTEM INTERNATIONAL NEWS LINK

I got my newlink from NMSI yesterday and the last artical was something that I thought was good for all Christians to live by
Things every missionary should learn (collected from NNSI missionaries)

10. It won't be like the States, nor should it be.
9. God could do it without us, but He chooses to do it with us, through us and in spite of us.
8. Listen more than you talk.
7. Never stop being a learner.
6. When it comes to food, ignorance is bliss.
5. People are more important than projects or things.
4. Guard your time with God. Ministry is not the same thing as abiding in Him.
3. Always carry toilet paper.
2. E-mail is the biggest block to enculturation in this century.
1. When all you can do is laugh or cry, choose laughing.

I did adjust a few of these for me personally
10. It won't be the same as it was when I was younger.
6. If you have to eat chicken, pork or beef forget everything you know about stockyards, slaughter houses, chicken farms and what is in the food they feed them
1. E-mail is great for us at home to stay involved.

No comments: