Sunday, November 27, 2005

LET THE RAT RACE BEGIN!

The 4 day Thanksgiving vacation is coming to an end. Thanksgiving dinner was OK, not wonderful, the turkey could have been better. It was nice spending time with Tom. He was only down for a few days but was in a good humor and nice to be with.

Thusday was also Carolyn's birthday so we took a tiny little cake with palm trees on it to her. I also gave her a clock that had room for photo's on the face. I inserted copies of photos of her boys, their kids, Oz, Helen, Tony and one of her looking for treasures in the dumpster. (Tony took that one without her knowing about it)

Dave had to work a few hours Friday. I went to the nursing home to play table shuffleboard with my friend Larry. He is such a sweatheart. He's 95. He told me that it was ashame I wasn't single because he has a pension that pays $350 a month and he would get married again if he could find a nice woman like me. I told him I would be on the lookout for a nice single woman for him.

Dave golfed with friends on Sat. I went to get my hair done and to some antique stores to try to sell one of my old sewing machines.

Today we went to Church and then we put our tree up. That means that Christmas is just around the corner and we will be so busy it will fly by and we will be taking all of these things back to the storage unit before we know it.

This was a nice restful weekend and I hope all that read this have a great week

No comments: