Tuesday, August 05, 2008

KENTUCKY REPORT

After spending one night on the road we made it to Kentucky Friday evening. We stayed at a Country Inn in Valdosta, Georgia. I highly recommend Country Inn. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. However, I do not recommend traveling over 970 miles in a Toyota truck. Not so comfortable!
We have used the truck since we got here to take a load of clothes to Goodwill. Today I want to take a load of aluminum to the scrap yard.
Dave, his friend Ronnie, my cousin Richard, Carol and I cleaned out the garage and the garage attic yesterday. Today we start on the basement. It is even worse than the garage but since the dumpster is over half full we probable won't get as much done down there.
Oh, I almost forgot to thank you all for remembering me on my birthday. I got calls from every end of the country, cards, chocolate covered (monster-sized) strawberries (that were shared with my work crew), a CD. solos in two different languages and a recording from a group similar to the Von Trapp family.
Seriously you all couldn't have done better making my birthday a happy one. I love you.

No comments: