Wednesday, August 20, 2008

BLAST FROM MY PAST

For the first seven years of my life I lived in a little white house that was later converted into a two car garage . My dad had started building the "New House" on the front of our property before I was born. We anticipated moving into that house for years and with every nail that went in we were that much closer to living in a home that was nice, pretty and spacious. A home that we could be proud of.

We received these glasses as a house warming gift when we moved from the garage into the "New House".

We only used these on special occasions but they are a reminder of my very happy childhood.


We always stored the set in the original box so you can see that the cost was $5.49 back in 1960. That was expensive for us. This was also back before bar codes.




I wish I could remember who gave them to us.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I LOVE party glasses! Mine are BRIGHT colored aluminum, and we were never allowed to use them unless we had company. I used to beg to use them, but oh, NO! Mom actually gave them to me several years ago. They hold a lot of memories, but I never use them!!! YUCK! I don't like the aluminum in my mouth!