Friday, August 31, 2007

HADLEY'S HOPE SPREADERS


I am an official member of the team. The web page says ...

Kathy Johnson is walking on September 15, 2007 in Louisville, Kentucky with Hadley's Hope Spreaders.
Hadley is Debbie Miller Rapp's oldest granddaughter. She has type 1 diabetes, which means several needle pricks and several shots ever DAY.

We are walking to raise money for JDRF, Juvenile Debetes Research Fund.

When I got the letter from Debbie telling me about the walk I started to make a donation and realized I was going to be in Louisville that day so I signed up to join them. I knew if I got my friends to make donations it would really add up.

Debbie was my running partner 25 years ago when I jogged and ran races. I was never very fast and she would keep me going when I thought I was going to die.

As soon as I sent out my email letters I started getting donation. A friend in Chicago and another one in Louisville each sent $50, another friend gave me $100 check. And Eric (the guy at work that keeps me laughing) gave me 50cents.

Since I haven't been going to the gym regularly David took me out for a walk to get me ready for Louisville. The only problem I see is "How do you train for those Kentucky Hills in Florida?

3 comments:

nikki said...

you will need to get a weighted vest to walk in. hee,hee (you can give it to Dad when your done training!)

nahum said...

Oh no too much weight is my problem!

Anonymous said...

extra weight will help you get ready for the hills. I wish I could walk with you guys, sounds like a good time for a GREAT cause.
xoxo nik