Friday, April 27, 2007

A LOVER OF QUILTS

My mother's mother made beautiful quilts.
My fathers sister, my Aunt Rea, helped me make my first quilt when I was 6 years old.
She and her daughter made Todd a quilt before he was ever born.
My Maid of Honor's mother made Dave and I 2 quilts before we got married.
Ona gave me instructions on hand piecing quilts via the mail 1000 miles away.
I use to have very good friends come to my home on Monday nights to quilt.
I helped my friend, Sarah, finish a Christmas quilt while she cooked Indian food for me.
I taught a quilting class at my last church (with students from teens to 7o's).
All through my life quilts have been connected to people I love.
I AM A LOVER OF QUILTS.

This is the quilt that Beulah made that I just got in the mail this week. It is old, well loved and worn thin in many spots. This one I won't use but I will cherish.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

There was a lot more than quilting that went on at your house on Monday nights. Those were the days. We saw each other through and those will always be treasured memories.