Thursday, April 26, 2007

DAVID'S GRANNY JOHNSON

I have heard stories about David's Granny Johnson for 38 years but she died before I met David so I didn't know her personally.

Her husband, Papaw Jessie as I knew him, remarried. His second wife, Beulah, was a lady he knew from church. She was quite a bit younger than him but due to her health seemed much older than she was.

Beulah passed away earlier this year but I will always remember her delicious pickles and fudge. I am sure she could cook anything well but these two items were exceptional.

David's cousin is trying to settle the estate and contacted us to see if there was any of her things that we would like to have.

We asked for photos (or copies of photos) and one of Beulah's quilts or quilt tops.

Behind the photo of Dave when he was 4 or 5 years old was this photo of his Granny.

My next post will be a photo of the quilt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Papaw Oz looked alot like her huh?
I don't think I've ever seen a picture of her. I can't wait to see the quilt.
xoxo-
nik