Thursday, March 01, 2007

A NEW FONDNESS FOR OREGON

I have never thought much about Oregon. A couple that lives in my building are from Portland and they spend about six months a year there but until last month that was about my only connection.

Last month Tom went out to Portland with an address Matt used when he got an ID card and found him. He is well, working and this was a wonderful answer to our prayers. He caught him up on family news (Sue is remarried, Helen died, Rob moved to TX, Elizabeth is expecting) and told him that we all loved him and were very concerned.

Last week I got a copy of a story and a picture of a family that was published Sept. 25, 1975. The family was part of the first group of Cambodian refuges. My friend Mimi was the youngest of the six children and she was only six years old.

Mimi had told me her story and about the article. She said that they had a copy of it for years but it had been lost during one of their many moves. I decided to try to get a copy for her and after about a month it came in the mail. She was so happy!

This is Mimi and her husband Bruce.

No comments: