Sunday, February 25, 2007

DOBY OUR LANAI LIZARD


I want you to meet Doby, our lanai lizard. He moved in before Christmas last year when we had a small hole in our lanai screen.

When Dave and I painted the lanai frames and put all new screens in a couple of weeks ago we hoped he had moved on but as you can see he is now a permanent resident on our lanai.

The tree he lives in is fake but that doesn't seem to matter to him. He comes out and suns himself on the bricks we put in the basket (to keep the wind from blowing the tree over) and whenever I go out to see him he dives down in under the moss at the trunk of the tree.

Dave thinks he is looking skinnier but I am just hoping there are a few very small bugs in the moss that he can have for dinner because we can't seem to catch him to give him his freedom. Besides, once you give something a name you feel responsible.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Yes, you need to keep him at YOUR house! He would NOT be welcome here! Spike and I work hard to keep our lanai lizard free.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you got your computer up and running. Hope Doby doesn't try to come in for some caramal corn! xoxo nik

nahum said...

The nicest thing about him is that he is even more frightened of me than I am him.