Thursday, February 16, 2006

POOR DAVE IS SICK

It is really sad when a health care professional in the family is sick. He is the one that is sympathetic to the sick person and seems to know what to do to at least to make them feel better while they get through it.

Well Dave is sick. It is not a life threatening illness but he really is feeling bad. He sounds even worse. I insisted that he stay home today. Those little old people that he has for patients do not need to be introduced to whatever it is that has this healthy physically fit man in his 5o's, sounding like a frog.

He is having so much trouble breathing that he was up a 3:30am sitting in the bathroom with the shower running. He mentioned that he wished we still had the vaporizor we used to keep Todd breathing for his first 6-8 years.

On my way to work today I decided to go to Target to buy him one. Well when I got there I had the choice of buying the inexpensive one that I am sure worked fine or one shaped like an elephant or one that was a very cute light blue penguin (that brought back memories of some postal workers that I once read about) that ofcourse was more expensive. Well the decision was an easy one.

Even as I am writting this there is a 52 year old man laying in bed in the next room watching TV (breathin rather poorly but better than last night) with a cute little blue penguin spitting a mist of cool moist air in his face.

I wish you could see it. It would make you laugh!

No comments: