Sunday, February 26, 2006

JUST LIKE VACATION

Yesterday was a beautiful day. It began a little gloomy but as the morning past it was wonderful. The sun came out and the wind blew and all I had to do was to enjoy it.

My neighbors, Jan and Phil Gautchey, were playing golf and so was Dave. The Gautchey's daughter Sharon was visiting from Chicago. Sharon is a "Linda Moss" kind of girl. She is so much fun to be with. She is 38 years old, lives right in the city and starts a wonderful new job on Wed. Flat Hunter will be traveling home with Sharon and then on to Penn. with her for a business trip. She is the same girl that tried to take Flat Maison to the Cubs game a couple of years ago.

We really didn't have anything special to do so we put some chairs in Dave's truck and headed for the beach.

While we were at the beach I saw this cute young woman in a bikini that looked like she was going to have a baby in March.

I remembered the 1st time I was pregnant (I didn't look that good) Dave and I went on a little vacation to Oprey Land. Dave had to keep stopping all the way down so I could stick my head out the window and I had to keep getting out of the lines so I could get sick. There was only one other thing I remember about that trip and David remembered it too. While we were sitting outside watching one of the shows there was a little boy about 6 and a little girl about 4 that had left their parents a few rows back and were sitting together near the front. Every once in a while they would get excited about the show and just hug each other. It was such a precious love. Many times after that I would pray for children with that same love for each other. Now, I also pray for that for my grandchildren and thank God for my own sisters.

When we decided that Sharon's white skin had all the sun it needed we headed to Naples for a delicious lunch at P F Chang's. We just shared our meal. That's the best way to get an appetizer, main course and desert and not feel like you are going to explode. I love that place.

Today it is cloudy and raining a little.

No comments: