Sunday, January 08, 2006

4 DAY WORK WEEK

I like the idea of a four day work week. If I had my choice I would work four ten hour days and have 3 days off, but I like my job and it is a 5 day a weeker.

I have had three straight 4 day work weeks in a roll. One for Christmas, one for New Years and one next week because I have to have a test on Mon.

The test is only a precaution, due to my father's medical history. I have been blaming his bad choices (smoking and working with fiberglass) for me having to take this test. But to be honest, I would take this test monthly if he could have lived a longer life.

My dad was a very good man. I loved him and never doubted that he loved me and my sisters. He was honest, hard working and he was never a person that thought having a lot of money would make things perfect. I thank him for passing that on to me.

I would not say my dad was soft spoken, in fact, he spoke very rough and harsh but he was hard working and could make, fix or do anything he wanted to do. He and my Mom taught me about loving and investing all that is important in your spouse and your family. I wish I could visit with him this afternoon. (He probably would not be any happier with me moving to Florida than my Mom is because he wanted to keep us all close too)

No comments: