Wednesday, October 17, 2007

MOM & CAROL ARRIVED

Yesterday seemed like a very, very long day.
I got up before 6am got Nattie up and dressed. She helped me strip her bed before I took her to daycare. I worked all day; went to get a haircut; went to church to do the books and cut the payroll checks. Dave and I went to the the airport, picked up Mom and Carol and headed for the Hospice House. Tara was there but when she left we stayed. I thought Dana was coming back but she told Carol that Ted was coming after work (12 midnight) and she would be back in the morning. I tried to get Mom to come home with Dave and Carol but she refused. Ted did come but only stayed for 30 min and said if we were staying he would come back Wed before work. We stayed until Carol got back this morning. Now, at 11:15am I don't feel so sleepy.
Robin was very restless and jerking until they called the Doctor and increased her meds. Her kidneys have shut down. A nurse came in this morning and told us that she is headed for a wonderful place. We told her we knew that and if Robin could talk she would say the same.
She then told us that most of her had already gone there. We thought that was such a kind way to let us know that it was coming soon.

No comments: