Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I AM OFFICIALLY AN EARLY BIRD

As I have gotten older I have begun to get up earlier and earlier. I remember when I use to be able to stay in bed past noon. Even when my kids were small (before school age)I would sleep until 10 or 11am. I purposely put them in afternoon class for kindergarten because morning wasn't my favorite.

When I had to get them up for regular school time I learned to enjoy coffee and slowly over the last 20 some years I have not only been able to function in the morning, I now prefer morning.

The proof of this is that Dave and I have been getting up at 4:30 to 4:45 to have a cup of coffee, read our daily devotional and make it to the gym by 5:15. This really does make the day much better. The old 10:23 bed time may move up a few minutes too, we will see.
Yours truely,
The Early Bird

No comments: